- Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Women’s March in East Peoria. The event was a great success with over 600 people in attendance and many dynamic and inspiring speakers. For photos of the event, go here. There was a situation with Wal-Mart that you may have experienced or heard about. For HOI NOW’s official response to that incident, please checkout this press release.
- We held our very first HOI NOW gathering at Season’s Gastropub in Morton this month and had a wonderful turnout. We also recruited 2 new chapter members! We had a raffle and Feminist Icebreaker Bingo.
- For the time being, we will be holding chapter meetings on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6 PM, to gauge how this works for our membership. but the location will change.
- For February, we will meet at Panera in East Peoria at 6 PM for coffee and then go to Bradley University for ‘Love Wins: Jim Obergefell & the Landmark Marriage Equality Case’.
- Join us on Feb. 24th for a house party at our chapter president’s house and a screening of the documentary Equal Means Equal. This film has been called “The best women’s rights documentary ever” by Katie Furtrich, BUST Magazine. Drinks and Hors d’oeuvres will be provided. Since this is at a member’s house, registration is required before the address will be provided. Register here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the movie trailer here.
- Join Peoria ERA Allies on March 7th for an ERA letter writing party in honor of International Women’s Day. Details to come on our website and Facebook.
Red Bin Campaign
For the month of February Brittany Miller will be collecting for the Red Bin Campaign. Menstruation presents a particularly difficult time for homeless women who often have irregular access to restrooms and bathing, a limited wardrobe, and little money for supplies. Please consider donating any of the listed items to the bin on her front porch. You can also ship directly to Brittany’s house via the ‘Red Bin Campaign’ Amazon Wish List. If you are in the Peoria area and have an organization or business that would be interested in collecting for the campaign, let us know, and we will provide you with a bin and information.
- Hand Sanatizer
- Flushable wipes
- Pain Reliever